04-07-2015, 07:37 PM   #9
chask
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by troymi View Post
Not sure about your math; I don't think window tint is a linear equation and actually the lower the number means the less transmitted light, or darker the tint. The way you state it doesn't really make sense, but glad you got what you wanted.

Still looking for some good pics with carbon 40% or 50%. Appreciate the feedback.
I am not sure I completely understand the terminology of tinting either. I figured out a long time ago that many professions use "inside" terminology to keep just everybody from doing it. I don't know how one could take something like tinting and make it more complex but somehow they have.

I'm with C5driver though, the UV seems to be important but the rest is personal taste. I see some with tint jobs that I would never want to drive myself, yet it looks soooo nice on their cars. The dealer had already put a darker tint on mine. It's coming off very soon. From the early evening on (about as soon as the sun starts going down) it's hard to see people coming up behind you - at least well enough to identify who they are. That's too dark for me. It's got to go.

I've been debating getting just a clear (no tint) with UV protection or one of the lightest tints. I've heard that the "no tint" UV protection is very helpful in cooling off the car - won't keep a car from getting hot sitting in the sun but once you start it the interior will cool right down in no time. I assume that is true. Or do I need at least some tint to keep things cooler inside, and to help with cooling down once the car has been started? Where I live is not the hottest place around, but it sure can get hot enough. It would be nice to be able to cool the car off pretty quickly and not get so hot on the really hot days.

I assume carbon 40% or 50% is a tint color. And being a larger number it means it's letting more light through. I have no idea of the range though.

I was encouraged when I saw this thread thinking that I would get to see some pics of several different tints and maybe learn something. But so far only C5driver has posted any. Thank you for posting! BTW - that's a very nice looking ride you've got there.
Appreciate 0