Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWnyc View Post
1. It was a lease
Followed 2 previous 5 series wagons which were no longer available in the US market
2. Needed something big enough to move 2 kids in & out of college ( one of them a ice hockey goalie You know how big that bag is????)
3. The GT actually had greater luggage space than the 535 ix wagon
4. It drove better than the wagon, especially in New England winters. (Ski house in Vt. )
5. THEN THEY GRADUATED !!!!

DADDY GOT HIS CONVERTIBLE.
Got it and understand that there are some that do go for the GT for much the reasons you mentioned. Don't want an X but BMW no longer offers many wagon options. I would have went looking for the M5 wagon from last generation myself OR the Cadillac CTV-S wagon which I hear/read is outstanding. My buddy wants an Audi RS-6 Avant for much the same reasons but Audi as w/BMW won't bring em here. So understand the needs.
Was just repeating observations of my dealer friends on the GT. Must say though the 3 series GT does do a better job of the concept...they must have learned from the 5 GT some.

Surprisingly the model that surprised me most recently that I'd really consider was the 435 Gran Coupe! That car looks nice and isn't too much and would be what I'd consider versus a sedan in that category. Was very impressed.
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0