United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmaass View Post
Good to know - thanks! Got in touch with my CA - scheduling a test drive of a 650xi GC for next week... will update you guys on it then! Thanks for all the great feedback!
No problems and now into 3 weeks with my 650ix GC and must say I do like the looks of it..look back sometimes just to see the more graceful and aggressive lines and profile. Looks more like a sports car than my 550i. Drives better too and you don't feel the weight as much and dynamics versus my stock 550i. I think a lot has to do with the fact you sit lower in the 6 series and the dynamics seem a bit more sporty. However it does cruise just as well as my old 550i on the highway very easily. Also as I mentioned to my "better half" the other day...I have noted that I have NOT seen another 6series GC yet in three weeks of ownership outside the dealers lot. Maybe more if I head closer to Seattle but 45 miles away you don't see that many at all versus my 5 series which I'd see about 6-12 times a week. Sort of like that aspect of the car. Gets looks and questions/inquiries...the positive kind though..."nice car" and "is that really a BMW?" stuff like that.

One complaint though it the active cruise control or whatever it is....I need to REALLY read the manual cause I can't figure out how to use it properly or as I expect it to work. Would be ONE thing I'd leave off the car IF I designed/ordered it myself and could really pick and choose options. Tried it in stop an go traffic and it worked for a few miles and amazed me but then shut off...also let it once stay on while I took an off ramp JUST so see what the technology would do knowing that there was a light at the end of the off ramp. Well active cruise kept going or kept going for long enough that I wasn't comfortable letting it stop before the stopping traffic in front of me...so I braked on my own. To its credit/fault...not sure if it was designed to do what I was asking (i.e. must read the manual again) but I do think I am NOT ready to give up that much control of the driving experience just yet! LOL

Good luck with your test drive and let us know.
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0