02-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #116
Reeses83
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mercedes E550 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaBMW View Post
In a straight line the M6 is indeed much faster than the Panamera GTS but on a track it is a different story. I think both cars was on Hockenheim and the M6 was only faster by .3seconds. Don't forget the Panamera is a full size sedan larger than the M5 so you comparing a two door coupe to a four door fullsize sedan is not the same. This also shows how much superior the Porsche is in handling over the GC.
Like I said above the styling of the design of the GC is definitely top notch, but the moto of BMW is ultimate driving experience, is it not?
To design a car that looks great is much cheaper than it is to make a car drive great. So the Porsche GTS driving great at that size is not the easiest thing to do as BMW has found out that making the 5er based on the 7 platform has caused critics of it's 5series handling.
Both the M6 GC and Panamera GTS do 0-60 in 4.1 seconds. The track may be a different story but both cars 0-60 stats are the same. I like both cars interior and exterior. I think the Panamera looks great but I decided to go with the 6GC because BMW made it easier for me and I thought it looked a little better.
Appreciate 0