View Single Post
      05-02-2016, 12:22 PM   #7
JN1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: S211 AMG E63

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
A project manager handles all aspects of a 'project'. If building something, could be coordinating contractors and ordering supplies. If the project is a process at work - it may be managing departments.

A good project manager that follows PMBOK standards can install anything from a lemonade stand to a nuke plant, while a project may be larger, standards are the same. Will state though - being handy in what your PMing does help immensely.

To the OP - sorry, got nothing at the moment. If you're interested in working with Parking equipment, my former company may be hiring for a PM in the West (based in LA and San Fran - but does have travel). I can check with my friend over their if you like - or check HUB Parking's website.
I'll take a look, always open to options. Although I am not PMP certified just yet, I'm more than halfway there. I just need to finish studying so I can take the test.

I'm primarily software based, coming from an Agile background, but I am more on the business side as I do not know my programming languages and as much of the tech as I should otherwise.