02-19-2015, 11:25 AM   #9
Bönz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw View Post
Appreciate the comment...but based on your note, it clearly states that you would have gone with the S if the price was right?!
That already says the 6 is outdated and needs immediate rethinking...there isn't any other line up besides the 6 that would be alongside this S.
I agrre the S is in a higher bracket... but I never spoke about price point initially...I think the quality and luxury parts and pieces I see in this S coupe explains the price difference and why the 6 is lower...don't you think?
6 may be loaded correct but I think the overall quality still lags...
The design also in my opinion is outdated. Designs nowadays move fast...
When is the new 6 expected to hit the markets again?
It wasn't just the price. I also said it was too big. The 6 is more sporty and tossable. The S coupe is a two door version of the S class, very luxurious and more of a cruiser. I'm just not there yet, age-wise. It just seems like an older man's car, IMO. It is exquisite - no argument there.

Granted, BMW has no other luxury GT Coupe in its line up, but that doesn't mean the 6 and S are direct competitors. I would say the S coupe competes more with the Bentley GT. No doubt the trim and finish of the S class drive up its cost. But for the money, the 6 series is beautifully appointed and I still say up to date. It's one of the prettiest cars on the road. I think the new one is due out in two years as a 2018MY, but I am not sure.
Appreciate 1