Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bönz View Post
They don't play in the same price point. There is at least one other thread on this topic. That said, for much less money the 6 is one helluva bargain coupe by comparison to the S-class coupe.

I considered the MB recently as my next car (now going from 650i to M5), but it was just too big and expensive. By the time you put on a few "necessary" options you're looking at a $140k car and the deals just aren't there yet. For far less than that, as mj said, you could be in a loaded M6.

Unless BMW comes out with an 8 series (not i8) they are not competing in the same arena. Even a new 6 would not be an S class competitor.

I also do not agree that the 6 is outdated. In what way is the S class more technologically advanced? Perhaps a feature or two, but that's just a matter of price point again. And while I am a fan of the S coupe, it does look a little awkward from some angles in person. Especially the massive amount of sheet metal between the door edge and rear wheel arch - which is somewhat unavoidable if you want decent rear legroom in a 2 door without the doors themselves becoming unmanageably large.
Appreciate the comment...but based on your note, it clearly states that you would have gone with the S if the price was right?!
That already says the 6 is outdated and needs immediate rethinking...there isn't any other line up besides the 6 that would be alongside this S.
I agrre the S is in a higher bracket... but I never spoke about price point initially...I think the quality and luxury parts and pieces I see in this S coupe explains the price difference and why the 6 is lower...don't you think?
6 may be loaded correct but I think the overall quality still lags...
The design also in my opinion is outdated. Designs nowadays move fast...
When is the new 6 expected to hit the markets again?
Appreciate 0