View Single Post
      02-19-2015, 05:47 AM   #4
Bönz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

They don't play in the same price point. There is at least one other thread on this topic. That said, for much less money the 6 is one helluva bargain coupe by comparison to the S-class coupe.

I considered the MB recently as my next car (now going from 650i to M5), but it was just too big and expensive. By the time you put on a few "necessary" options you're looking at a $140k car and the deals just aren't there yet. For far less than that, as mj said, you could be in a loaded M6.

Unless BMW comes out with an 8 series (not i8) they are not competing in the same arena. Even a new 6 would not be an S class competitor.

I also do not agree that the 6 is outdated. In what way is the S class more technologically advanced? Perhaps a feature or two, but that's just a matter of price point again. And while I am a fan of the S coupe, it does look a little awkward from some angles in person. Especially the massive amount of sheet metal between the door edge and rear wheel arch - which is somewhat unavoidable if you want decent rear legroom in a 2 door without the doors themselves becoming unmanageably large.
Appreciate 1