View Single Post
      06-06-2014, 12:36 AM   #14
michel lane
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 F13

That location would be fine . Will you be running ethanol mix with the fuel or spray ? I used to run a spray with my other car when run higher bots then normal , this will reduce detonation considerably .

Having a mix with the fuel, I would suggest looking at the fuel rail and materials used to contain the fuel mixture . Some hoses and alloys corrode with alternative additive if used often . I ran a mix with my single supra for around 5 months which gave me an additional tuning scope , but unfortunately after after closer inspection with the fuel lines/rails
/injectors , I noticed considerable chemical corrosion . This meant replacing effected items such as fuel lines and injector seals.

The benefits were substantial initially , but the long term potential problems were not cost effective. After this I just used used a water injection spray system to add ethanol into the intake chamber when running high boost .

The best solution in my views for these cars to gain more power correctly is to access the ecu and modify the fuelling and ignition map. Alternatively a replacement Ecu would be the next best bet . I have a friend who developed a be spoken programable ecu called syvecs for the GTR /Supra/TVR and now working on the V10 R8 .

Hopefully when he finished with his new toy , he could have a look at the setup on the M6.
Appreciate 0