uhn2000
Big K...
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3CS BX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by brio View Post
+1
And why didn't they offer manual in the M6 Coupe?
Its coming - March production for Coupe and Cab. Its a 7 speed manual unlike the 6 speed that comes in the M5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
Wow, I didn't expect there to be a manual transmission to be offered in the Gran Coupe. I love that BMW is listening to enthusiasts and still giving us a choice.
Listening? Right now anyone that wants a high performance manual transmission sedan only has one choice and its BMW. Even if they only sell 15%, thats 15% they would not have had before. I also think that its similar to the manual 7MT in the 991 hence it uses the same "linkages" as DCT so not a lot of remapping but being a MT driver I am very curious to see how this does in the market place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinckley View Post
The price list that Jason posted shows a manual available on all the M6 models from March production. That had been rumored for a while.
Correct - BMW Sales Manager also confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jblack4083 View Post
This is most likely a signal that the Manual will be added to the option sheet of the coupe and convertible for the 2014 model year.

Let me finally add that as a MT driver this is massive news. This is a huge risk and investment by BMW. Everyone is turning their backs on MT and they make this type of move - big statement of their engineering prowess! Offering multiple transmission options in what can be seen as maybe 2% of all cars sold at BMW (thats what ///M makes up) is remarkable. Respect and Kudos to BMW and ///M.

Last edited by uhn2000; 01-31-2013 at 07:44 AM..
Appreciate 0