View Single Post
      04-26-2012, 10:45 PM   #18
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
I also would expect the ZL1 with the magneto suspension pack to out-handle the GT500, but again, I didn't check any specs nor do I know about the new mustangs suspension setup.
If they were the same weight and same HP (I know, both very critical hypothetical points), then the Camaro would probably do very well against the GT500. Unfortunately, the 5th gen Camaro was firstly penned, and then engineered, so it's got some pork issues. That really sucks.

The GT500 still has the live rear axle setup, but anyone with an older Shelby can tell you that LCAs will probably kill wheel hop to an acceptable extent (for a couple hundred bucks and if that doesn't kill it get some UCAs for a few hundred more), and I think the BOSS has proven that a live axle can still do track duty pretty well, so I'd imagine Ford has done their due diligence in making this swan song of a solid axle pony car as good as it can be. We still don't have substantial numbers to know for sure, but Ford would really have to be incompetent to have a car on their hands that doesn't compete with the Z06 in road course times.
Appreciate 0