07-25-2014, 10:52 PM   #17
Hunter5179
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch Massacre View Post
Hunter, do you think this one is less likely to get road damage due to it's lower profile? I'm really interested in rounding my car out by adding side skirts and a lip but I need a lip I won't rear off in a day. Just this morning I dropped the Mrs off at work in the beast and got my ass saved by the plastic guard underneath the car on the way out. Does the guard stay on to help protect the lip or must it come off during install?
The Rubber Guard comes off because the lip bolts on where the rubber guard goes.. This New GTSV front lip is not as low as their first m6 front lip and that is precisely why I requested they make this lip because I lowered my car and was concerned that the original vorsteiner lip would be to low and problematic for me given my drop and area. The rubber guard doesn't protect your car from scraping or anything and the GTSV front lip won't be lower than the rubber guard. It sounds a lot worse than it actually is when you scrape.. I've scraped my original lip a few times and when I went and checked it was fine.. The price point of the new GTSV lip will be a lot lower too so you won't be breaking the bank and or regretting a hefty front lip purchase... If by some chance you do scrape it you can just pop it off and have it polished....plus you wouldn't scrape anywhere visible.. There is no glue or double stick tape required to mount this lip so install and removing it is totally a DIY job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
How come all pictured are titled F12 while the car is F13?
That's been going on for a while
Appreciate 0