View Single Post
      03-11-2013, 07:20 AM   #51
Falcao
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by titannero View Post
I've run my GTR vs a F10 M5 and we ran about 5 times, each time I won. I can say the M5 is very impressive and I'm not trying to rain on someones parade as this is the M5 board, but the GTR is a faster car.

I won by about 1/2 car to 1 car with rolls through 2-3 gears. So consistently the GTR was faster. With that said I'm sure we'll be getting an M5 here as its still very impressive vehicle and nothing wrong with getting beat by a GTR as the cars are significantly different

You proved the DreamerM6 point and video. If your GTR is only beating the F10 M5 from a roll by only 1/2 to 1 car length and M6 beats M5 consistently 4-5 cars imagine what happens when you put the M6 against GTR under same condition. Rolling start makes a huge difference and if im a GTR owner no way i would accept rolling start if im stock.

M6 is much faster than M5 compared to M5 vs M6 from last generation. I don't why it is that way but it really is based on the videos seen and owners surprise about this M6 coupe (not the slow vert) being much faster than M5. BMW lies and i know they said they have same HP but dynos have consistently shown this M6 with more power.

I think for GTR owners and people that love that car, the idea of another car never mind BMW beating it is incomprehensible. Any car can be beat any day just under what condition you race and specs. I go back again to old gallardo days and E60 M5 when it is was also incomprehensible how E60 with just over 4000lbs and just little more power could pass a much lighter gallardo. It turned out to be true because superior gearing in E60 M5 and SMG geared for max attack meant top end when weight was no issue anymore E60 M5 easily passed gallardo.
Appreciate 0