View Single Post
      05-15-2016, 05:31 PM   #4
rambino
M Master
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 / X6M

I have the AFE Intake with their Ram air scoops and Love it and made Great power with it..

A lot of people are doing the DIY way, or the kit which runs the filters directly in front of the grill.. Im not a fan.

The AFE kit installs larger ports and filters but contains it in box that is fed Ram air thru the Factory Intake piping and additional Scoops.. This keeps the filters free from direct rain, and sand and debris while also opening up the flow and keeping fresh cold air on it at all times. It works PERFECT and I felt additional power and saw it for myself on the dyno after the install..

The Kits where the filters go to the Front Grill scare me because of my past experience with driving thru sand or dust storms and heavy down pours. You can say its safe all you want, and im sure many people have had no issues, but I wont put my cars filters in the direct flow of that crap, ESP on windy days and sand by the beach..

The BMS filter under the hood works, but im sure it also sucks in some warm air when idling around town and traffic..

AFE kit with scoops was pretty pricey but im 100% happy with the results and the added minded comfort and safety.. Just my personal opinon. Im sure the AFE and the Direct Grill kits will have the same power gains on a clean clear day..