View Single Post
      05-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #16
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtose92 View Post
I think BMW is losing it. Don't get me wrong, I love their cars. But why all of these major changes year to year?

I understand they are "improvements" but from a customer standpoint, its annoying and expensive to keep up with. We buy BMW's for luxury and performance and to own a high quality vehicles, not to have an "obsolete" model after 8 months. Am I the only one annoyed by this?
As cars become more and more computerized, their technology evolves more and more rapidly because of it. If BMW sat back and did not keep up with the latest advancements, then they would lose ground to their competitors. Also, these competitors introduce new models on different schedules than BMW and they invariably come packed with new features. There is no room for waiting around just to keep existing owners copasetic.

I am sure you are not the only one annoyed by this phenomenon. However, I don't think you will escape it by choosing a different brand of vehicle. So perhaps is is best to just accept it as the price of doing business and try to enjoy the car you have. Just my thoughts.
Appreciate 0