Rep
Drives: '08 e92 M3, no mods,no probs

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2017 GT-R  [0.00]
2015 BMW i8  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBreezenovel View Post
Call me old fashioned (or a cave man if you like) I converted the first Gallardo from AWD to RWD in 04 (car went from handled like a pickup truck to amazing even the folks at Lamborghini were impressed with it) converted both of my 911 tt to RWD and think all AWD sports cars should be melted down and used to make housing for the homeless. AWD is fine in SUV's and Sedan's but it's only purpose in a sports car is to make people who cant really drive that well feel comfortable. Though I am not your normal owner (not many people take apart brand new cars and rebuild them), but I learned to drive on a three on a tree without all the electronics gizmos, I am no fan of traction control (I usually disable it permanently when possible). I am getting old now but for over 40 years I have been taking things apart and designing things that make them better, or at least better for me.
OK, you're old fashioned. It's hard to dispute the performance and handling of the R8, isn't it? It's an amazing drive, not that the M6 is the same car at all, but.....to have the option in such a car, whether or not you track it, would be great for those who are reluctant to add an 8th car to the fleet just because you can't drive the thing safely in winter (already have two summer only garage hounds)
Appreciate 0