View Single Post
      07-22-2013, 12:18 PM   #28
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
Yeah, I have sort of been watching your M6. The 47s just are not the right look for the M6. Those 40s REALLY look great on yours, especially with the black accent pieces. Tops off a really well done car.

I just placed an order for a 2014 Comp Pkg. I love my F10 but I just bought an F12 for my wife and I like how much more connected the M6 feels so I am going to enjoy an F13 for myself for a little while and maybe grab a 911 Turbo a little later-we'll see.

I'm a big HRE fan myself but I got sucked in to a great deal on an inventory set of ADV7.0 Trac Spec SL wheels for the F13. I also went with AW and the wheels are matte black with a polished liquid smoke lip. They are very light and I think the color will look good. I hate to stray from HRE but hopefully it will be an ok choice this time as they are such a high end ADV1. If not, I'll be back to HRE in a heartbeat too!

Again, very nice job on that car. One of (if not THE) the nicest I have seen. Classy, subtle mods-always the way to go!

Thanks again, coming from you means more than you know.

Your trac specs should look great (post pics of the wheel if you have them on another car please). I think my HRE's weighed 21lbs in the front and 22 in the rear. HRE forgings on the monobloks do not allow for an offset lower than et 18 and the optimal offset for the rear is lower so I had to go with this higher offset which has a larger back pad. You should see the size of the back pad, its FAT!! and the wheel still weighs nothing.

I agree with you again on the F10 vs F13/12. The F13 chassis just feels much better than the F10, to me, in so many many ways. The stability at higher speeds along with the lack of roll in big speed bends and lower speed sharp corners is a different feeling all together. I love the F10 but the F13 has me spoiled. And it is faster too stock vs stock- the throttle response seems different and the pull up top as well. I wonder why---- oh I know its the pricing LOL.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0