View Single Post
      11-03-2016, 11:44 AM   #1
Db750
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 991S & 2013 M3 CP

Looking for advice - I purchased a lemon USED!

Edit: sorry for the really long post. If you want to skip the back story jump to the fifth paragraph. Just really frustrated right now!

Hey guys,

My wife and I took delivery of our 2013 F12 M6 on May 29 of this year. We purchased it from Neda Shahrokhi at BMW of Beverly Hills. I can't imagine my experience with them was unique, so I'm sure many of you know how absolutely incompetent, deceiving, and outright liars these people are. It took us over three weeks to complete the deal even though they are a set price dealer! Over the course of the three weeks we spoke with Neda Shahrokhi a grand total of one time in which she was incredibly rude and made it very clear that she could not care less if we bought the car or were even happy. The other million times we tried to get in touch with her or anyone remotely competent we were directed to one of the members of her "team". It actually made me laugh at how arrogant these people were, but at the same time so damn stupid! It took me over a week to get proper pictures of the driver seat! I actually had to photograph pictures of my own seat and send them as an example. Nothing else happened over the course of this week - just back and forth on how to take a picture! Thankfully I have absolutely all of my communications with these people through email, text, and also lovely gopro video of every phone conversation including the one with Neda Shahrokhi!

Now you may be asking yourself, "why the hell did he put up with these idiots"! In retrospect it was a huge mistake, but I had always had such good experiences with every other bmw dealer I have dealt with, and I always went way above and beyond with every type of question, so on this deal I decided that I was going to trust the dealer. On top of this, this was one of the only white M6 convertibles in the country, and our M3 lease was ending, so my wife needed a replacement car asap. Furthermore, I was 100% ready to cancel the deal, but a wonderful lady named Joyce Jung, who is the finance manager, ended up doing the last 35% of Neda Shaahrokhi job along with all the finance work. Joyce Jung was great to work with, and was the only reason that I went through with the deal.

I told myself, "these people are just ass holes and probably sell a ton of these cars and don't really care about their customers, but the car is a CPO with only 19k miles so it will be great when it gets here". Unfortunately this couldn't be further from the truth.

The condition of the car was terrible - worse than any bmw I have ever owned, even when I have sold them at 4x the milage. I noticed that once we paid for our car they listed another white M6 with black interior for sale, so I am tempted to say that some of the pictures I received may have come from this car. Anyway, that's not the real reason for this post.

Since taking delivery the car has been in the shop for over a month, and is still no where near in working order. Tons of small issues I wont even get into. The car can't make it a thousand miles without needing oil. It had a coolant leak that was topped up four times. The first time I took it in they couldn't find the leak, within a couple hundred miles and topping it up two more times they said drop the car off its not safe to drive (even though I had clearly driven it long enough to cause damage already). The RPM's jump up and down 500+ at idle. Its so bad that its distracting watching it on the HUD! They have changed out a ton of engine parts like spark plugs, coils etc, but also informed me that per their scan the prior 98 fill ups had been done with 87 grade fuel! He said you're going to need to run it hard to get all the build up from the previous owners misuse! That doesn't sound like something you would want to hear about a 60k mile car from a buy here pay here let alone a CPO car from a BMW dealer!

On top of this the car has been slow to crank when cold the last few days, and is of course at the dealer being topped up for oil again. Also, when we go over a bump or uneven pavement going 60 mph or up, you hear a buzzing sound coming from inside the base of the steering wheel! This was not here until about 3k miles ago, and has already been to the shop once and returned with the same problem. I don't know what the problem is, and apparently they don't either (although I was told there was a Service Bullitin for this issue), but it does not make me feel comfortable knowing something is wrong with my wife's steering wheels when I have read threads of the steering going completely out on these cars at 100 mph! What the hell would my wife be able to do in that situation? She doesn't drive that fast, but she is currently on the interstate right now, and it is not a good feeling. As we sit now there are 4-5 issue that need to be addressed with this car and it has only been out of the shop for a week and a half!

I have tried to make this thread as short as possible, and I apoligize for the lenght. I could crash this website if I published all the stuff I have on Beverly Hills BMW and Neda Shahrokhi and the awful way they treated us, and thats not even the reason I'm making the thread (I will do all that at a later date). My question to you guys is:

What recourse do I have, and what can/will BMW do for me to make this right?

My solution in a perfect world would be that they would allow me to trade my car in on another M6 with similar miles, and do so in a manner that I am not getting destroyed on the trade. Will BMW buy the car back at a fair price if I let them know what is going on? Has anyone else had an issue like this and if so how was it handled? I really love this car and want to keep it a bit longer than normal (maybe up to two years), but I do not feel confident that the issues will ever be resolved, and honestly so far I can not think of many worse car buying situations. I was treated like crap and also bought a piece of crap!

I also want to make one thing clear. My local dealership, Don Jacobs, has been nothing but a joy to work with. I have never had any issues out of them, or any other bmw dealer for that matter, which is why I let my guard down with Beverly Hills BMW and Neda Shahrokhi. Don Jacobs is in a bad situation, because this car has clearly been abused in a manner in which IMO comes close to voiding the factory warranty, and they are doing their best to fix it.

Thank you for any possible help guys. I have wanted to write this thread for a while now but I was hoping things would get worked out because the car really is awesome!

Last edited by Db750; 11-03-2016 at 11:53 AM..
Appreciate 0