View Single Post
      03-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #13
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
I have all of those except for surround view, rear shade, and soft-close. Surround view for us is in the "driver assistance package" with park assist (not available on xDrive), side-view, HUD, top view, lane keep assist, and blind spot assist. I opted to drop this option ($3700, I believe) and just went for the HUD by itself (saved me about $2000). I'm very glad I got the HUD as I can't imagine the car without it. Blind spot, unfortunately, I found hard to see when quickly glancing at the mirror during my test drive during the day (probably more obvious at night), so I didn't feel too compelled to get that. I might have considered the package for lane keep assist if I did more highway, but I don't do much long distance driving. The rear shade comes with the luxury seating package for us. I opted out of that $2000 option because the ventilated seats don't do much for me since they just blow air rather than get cold (like my Denali does - I appologize for favoring a feature on an American car lol). The active seats are nice, but not worth $2000. Thus the package just wasn't worth the extra money. We don't get soft-close (or shadowline) at all in the US. Very unfortunate as I've had several occasions where the door didn't properly close. I really wish I had that and an auto trunk - unbelievable that they left these two options off of a $100k car.

I like the way the packaged these features for y'all. It makes sense and probably saved a lot of money rather than buying them all individually (leather dash $1500, ceramic controls $650, premium sound $1800, HUD $1300, etc.).
Appreciate 0