View Single Post
      07-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
Price seems about right given it has M Sport, full LEDs, Driver Assistance Package, 20" rims, full Nappa with contrast stitching and ceramic controls, B&O, active cruise control, and all of the rear seat climate controls.

I would personally never pay anywhere close to that price for a 640i when a 650i is available for $8k to $10k more. I was happy to pay the 6er premium for my coupe, but it was a V8 with xDrive that also happened to have a pretty hefty options list. I didn't mind the fact that I paid more for it than every other 750Li on the lot primarily because it is a 6 Series coupe. You could build a 750Li with nearly as many options on it for that $115k price tag and have A LOT more rear legroom and overall comfort as well as the V8.

I'm not saying it is a bad car. I'm just saying that I can't see most people who can afford a $115k car not spending a few thousand extra to boost the performance figures with a 650i GC (0-60 in 4.4 seconds, per BMW) or getting a loaded 750i or 750Li for the same money. I can't imagine that a 640i GC handles better than a 750i (SWB). I could be wrong as I haven't done a side-by-side comparison, but just my thoughts.

Disclaimer: the above comments are based on U.S. pricing. I know that many countries pay waaaay more for these cars and an even bigger difference between 640i and 650i vehicles, so the pricing differences between models is a more significant concern.
Appreciate 0