Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 328i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Crucial question:

Ofc can't compare the reliability of a BMW vs a Japanese econobox...that's just not being realistic. Ours is relatively higher-performance and the parts should wear out faster.
Thats just it though... Why cant you?
  • WRX 2.0 DOHC / Direct Injection / 268HP
  • 328i 2.0 DOHC / Direct Injection / 240HP ( Underrated prob more like 260 )
  • MS3 2.3 DOHC / Direct Injection / 263HP

So how is the econobox really any different? Remember we are talking sensors, valve cover gaskets , injectors.. The things that break and nickel and dime us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post

However, that doesn't excuse parts that shouldn't wear out so prematurely regardless of car type. That being said, for those that have their (BMW typical prb areas) parts replaced (e.g. fuel injectors, hpfp, lpfp, various gaskets, valve covers, etc etc etc), does that usu mean the parts are NOW good or still subject to the same ridiculously short lifespan?
Agreed 100% ^^

I / We know the BMW chassis is amazing and the motor/transmission isnt going to fail its the small things that the whole reliability topic is on, All the small things that add up.
The chassis / fit & finish / Leather / interior etc is better but were purely talking mechanical and reliability.

Improve some of the little things and these cars would be perfect, Its obvious I love the car enough to deal with the gremlins... The smile it brings is worth it Just wish they could iron em out already.

Last edited by QUiKSR20; 02-06-2016 at 11:43 PM..
Appreciate 0