View Single Post
      01-31-2016, 09:04 PM   #178
924er
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 335i '10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vase330
No surprise there. It's an E92, and am gonna go out on a limb and guess it's a 2007-2009 model? Yeah well known already. Had every one of those issues on mine too and that was before I even clocked 20K miles on it. Add replace waste gates and turbos to the list. It was first two years I owned it and all under warranty.

Here is the distinctions this car has:
It's my 5th BMW and only one with this many problems.
Currently 56K miles and trouble free since about 30K miles and 3rd year I owned it.
I'll also say it's bullet proof now but boy what a total pos it was in the first year!
Only other BMW that troubled me was e46 330ci with two failed transmissions.
Owned all last 5 models of the 3 series and love my e92 335 so much I can seem to let it go. would I buy a used one from someone? No. But I believe all the issues are now addressed by BMW.

I will say this, it's a car, and any make can have issues. Look I had a $120K 2014 Range Rover supercharged that land rover had to buy back because of endless problems. Most of them suspension! 22 dealer visits in 6500 miles in the first 10 months of untold stress, I returned the junk to them said I refuse to drive the pos truck, I refuse to have them repair it one more time. I only want my money back or a replacement or I will lemon the damn thing and walk away from the brand forever. but I knew the labs rover reputation going in, too bad that example turned out to be worse than worst imaginations of how bad a car could be.

Now I have a replacement 2015 Range Rover. Not a single reliability issue. It is solid as it can ever get, and it's blissful vehicle to own. Can't even comprehend how they'd have come off the same line. Build quality is way better, it drives way better too and I dare say this is my best vehicle yet. And that is some tall order. It has met and exceeded all my expectations and I look forward to many years of ownership.

I have owned Toyotas too going back to 1991 and my last one sold in 2012. I have never had a single problem with any of them, but let's face it, they are boooring!

All am saying is BMW is ok and while not the most reliable brand, it's specific models and years that have known issues, not all of them. Majority are as reliable as something from your most reliable brand such as Toyota. Don't judge the whole brand based on just your expirience with one of their cars.
Ummm nah buddy, I got a 2010 335i supposedly the model with all the revised parts. It's a BMW man. We love our cars but don't be a fanboy and claim how reliable your BMW is. You are one person. Look at this forum for gods sake. If you knew BMW you would know how shitty reliable it is compared to a Toyota. It's not bashing it's common sense. Let me know when you have to replace the waterpump or the valve cover gasket on a corrola. Won't happen. Lol

And don't turn this into how boring a Toyota is compared to a BMW. No duh. Toyota ain't made for that.

DCI intakes, ER chargepipe, TIAL BOV,
VRSF 5in FMIC, BMS Downpipes COBB e30
Appreciate 0