View Single Post
      10-12-2017, 12:55 PM   #25
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
No idea what people are moving to...there are many options. But even worse than the people "moving to" something else are the lack of inherent M6 buyers. They are great cars (assuming you don't get one of the many electrical and mechanical problem cars). Maybe that's the problem. Few people want one that is close to being out of warranty. Too many headaches. Maybe that's why they are depreciating? Maybe depreciation will be worse when the 8 series comes out? Maybe now that that the coupe (and soon GC) are discontinued, they are considered "has beens"?

I don't know. All I know is I have my eye on a very specific M6! OP, GLWS.
I think the pricing reflects more of the lack of buyers in the market. The cars.com app allows you to gauge rough buyer interest as they let you see a page counter and favorites counter.

It's easy to tell right away what type of cars generate the most interest based on those counters. Many dealers are holding these cars for over 60 days, which is considered long in the industry.

I think main reason people are selling are bc they are all lease returns. 2014s (2013 deliveries) have all rolled out of their leases. Many 2014s show 2 recorded ownerships already, and nearly all of them are out of warranty as of today. I think a lot of people just don't want to own these cars out of warranty.

Also, I'm noticing price compression between 2014 and 2015 models. While 2015 lists are still in the high $60ks, they likely clear in the mid-to-low $60s, and 2014s likely clear at high-to-mid $50s. Back in the spring, 2014s were still clearing in the low $60ks. Basically, the low interest in 2014s is not helping pricing for the 2015s.

I've been tracking 2014 pricing for about a year now in hopes of finding my perfect M6 GC. Sure I can walk into a '14 today based on my budget, but as of today and the price compression, I think I can actually do a 2015 for the same budget and get a car under warranty with updated idrive.

Last edited by Flying Ace; 10-12-2017 at 01:07 PM..
Appreciate 0