Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-karim
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
The funny thing is
A .)my car isn't stock ( I have Supersprint DP's and Gruppe M intake ).
B.) I was just suggesting that he follow Terry's on advice about his product lol
The ECU can not adapt fueling and timing enough when it's being tricked into + 3psi , and thus needs
really high octane to prevent knocking . Terry has publicly said this and rec people not turn it up that much until he can actually gain control over timing AND fueling ( which will likely be never )
I'm not against tuning , I'm just smart about it , and believe in the do it right or don't do anything approach . The OP would make more power on 94 octane, and not have a horrible.hole in his midrange power curve if he would turn the settings back down , but he won't listen .
No exhaust?
This guy does well. His best 1/4 time is 11.8, which is amazing for 550xi.
His car is doing good, no check engine lights or anything.

I trust Terry, and enjoyed my experience with him way more than with Dinan.
Let's see , different car , different engine AND different ECU . Terry actually has control of timing and fueling with the N63 platform . The M6 stock traps 10 mph faster than his Stage 2 tuned car . If and when Terry actually achieves this for the S63 TU I would consider it . A full JB4 product would be great but , that's not what we have now . Yes 3 psi can be safe for our motors but only if the fueling and timing is right . One question for you , it's easy , yes or no will do . Did Terry tell you directly it was ok to run + 3 psi on pump gas ? I'm really trying to help you , and don't understand why you are being childish .
Appreciate 0