View Single Post
      07-07-2012, 01:05 AM   #21
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
I was referring to the difference in discount ($6k v. $3k). Nevertheless, I think they're going to have to either find some very clueless customers who will be oblivious to the changes or drop below invoice to get rid of them. The fact that I skipped the B&O is hard to live with, so missing out on the 2013 perks would eat me alive.

Markets do seem to make a big difference. I test drove an M3 and X6 50i in Houston before I decided to go for the 6er. When I got around to actually negotiating I called the CA I had worked with previously. The initial quote they gave me was about $2500 to $3000 more than my local dealer, so negotiations with Houston stopped there as the Mobile dealership was offering a respectable quote but felt like it was worth a shot and owed that CA a chance after showing me the other two cars in the past.

Not sure what kind of dealer incentives BMW was offering, but a 6er sale in Mobile probably means a lot more to the Mobile dealer than it does to those in Houston, Dallas, and the like.
Appreciate 0