View Single Post
      03-25-2020, 04:07 PM   #4
NytWolf
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10, 2015 F30, 2008 E60

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineKing_M6GC View Post
The light beam path definitely doesn't look correct. Unsure how that's actually possible unless the headlights were pulled/replaced. Does the vehicle have a clean Carfax?

#3: Depending on the deal you got, I'd inquire if the diff fluid has been changed, if not, might be a charge back to the dealer if you need to get it done.

For #4, have you taken it in for an alignment check?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerx5 View Post
Double this - did you see a carfax? Thats a good amount of issues for something you just received.
The CarFax shows minor front end damage, which I know could mean anything. From the way it looks though, it might be minor cosmetic damage that the owner wanted the insurance to fix.

I just dropped the vehicle off at the dealer with my list of items to be checked. I was able to replicate the misfire with the tech in the car, so that was good. They will check components and alignment, so hopefully they remedy the steering wheel.

As far as the diff, I'll just wait and see. He did order an inspection and repair on it. I couldn't get the whine to reproduce though.

It's hard to judge the conditions because I know that M-cars aren't as quiet as regular BMW's, but having not driven other M's, it's hard to tell which noise is normal and which isn't.
Appreciate 0