View Single Post
      02-17-2021, 07:13 PM   #7
taejlee
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i GC

update

BMW NA assigned case manager to research my case. Case manager called me to let me know that my vehicle's VIN was indeed part of the impacted vehicles. He said the car was at the Crevier BMW back in Feb 2018 for this exact problem and 3 rubber insulators were replaced as part of regular factory warranty. (Remember that BMW NA didn't announce this problem until July 2018) Therefore, BMW NA can not authorize another repair. I had more questions after this statement but was only told that BMW NA can not share further details. Case manager told me that BMW NA will cover the cost of the parts as a sign of good faith but I would have to pay for the labor cost. I found out from my service advisor at BMW of Buena Park that the labor cost will be $550
Question1: Record shows that Crevier BMW replaced 3 rubber insulators which appears to be part of the crankshaft ventilation pipe assembly. It does not indicate the pipe itself was replaced. Even if it was replaced, it was replaced with the same problematic plastic pipe. (that's what I currently have on my car right now and that's what broke)
I don't blame Crevier BMW for this since this was before BMW NA admitted a problem with the plastic pipe and ordered the dealerships to replace it with the rubber hose.
Question2: BMW NA adds note to DCSnet to inform the dealership about extended warranty. When cars come in with problems, dealership checks DCSnet to see if the problem is mentioned. No one from the dealership believes that the record on DCSnet gets removed when work is performed by the dealership. If what case manager told me is true, why is the crankshaft vent pipe extended warranty not showing up for my vehicle in the DCSnet record?

I think I've spent enough time explaining my situation to BMW NA. I think it's time for me to take this to social media and/or start looking for a class action lawyer.
Appreciate 0