View Single Post
      11-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #13
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hargreaves View Post
Thanks for the note Palmnuts. I am a massive BMW fan but I would agree that some of their decisions test me more and more with my loyalty.

With regards to the lights it looks like I need to speak to my dealer about what they should and should not be able to do then! He was pretty clear with me that the '14 model came with these but I would have to say that the driving experience to date (as noted above) proves that it does not do it! Appreciate the clarification and expert knowledge.

So with that in mind I guess the flashing must be just for us boys down south (Berkshire) who are stuck in traffic more than the spacious roads up in your regions ;-)

Outside of that I LOVE the car and can't really fault it in any other way so far, well, except for it must have the largest cup holders in the world! Reading the forums is looks like the insert from the X3 will fit so I might have to invest in some of those.

I went for the Silverstone II which (for me) works really well with the Carbon detailing and the new wheel design. Standard leather as the Extended would get ruined by the kids but added Comfort Access, Surround Cameras & Privacy glass. Very happy to date.

I hope you are enjoying yours!
Yes, enjoying mine very much - it's a great daily drive. My only dislikes are the slightly clumsy body control on bumpy B roads (a consequence of its weight, despite my Competition Pack suspension) and a slightly odd driving position where the pedals just seem a little too close (pushing your legs up or forcing your arms to stretch too much). Odd, given it's the same floorpan as the 5 series which doesn't have this trait, so it must be down to the 6's lower seating position.

Otherwise, it's exceptional. My favourite option is the ceramic brakes - an indulgence given it really doesn't need them for road use but something I re lly can feel the benefit of everytime I use them. B&O audio is outrageous too I know what you mean about the leather as I spec'd full individual white which looks outstanding but, even without kids, requires constant attention to keep clean. The individual leather is lush, but I'll never do white again! There was one option that I thought a bit silly, but was cheap enough for me to try for the hell of it....my heated steering wheel And you know what, it's actually been really pleasant on the last couple of cold mornings!

As for our missing items of technology, I think it surprised my dealer too that the 2014 6 series didn't come with the latest gadgets, especially as they're not items that require the depth of an LCI update to add. We've been royally shafted on these bits, but BMW won't care one jot.
Appreciate 0