View Single Post
      07-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #13
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
Oh, as for xDrive, I obviously don't need it for our icy roads and bitter winters with lows in the 80s lol, but we do have horrible rain - typically ranks in top 3 rainiest cities in the US - and I like the extra protection of the electronic nanny looking out for me when I get a little over zealous with the throttle. I find the handling with xDrive to be superb in the corners, xDrive still utilizes hydraulic steering so you get great feedback, and the 0-60 time is 0.2 seconds faster than RWD, so my Y chromosome and ripe 'ol age of 23 deemed 0.2 seconds to be a good idea.

Ok, the above is 1/2 truthful and 1/2 in jest. It really came down to this: This is my first car with beastly power, so I'd rather keep it going where I want it to go rather than give it the chance to kick my a$$. A pristine car and insurance record are a lot more important than the tiny increase in fun to be had between RWD and the 40:60 (front:rear) power distribution. I'm never going to drive this car on a track, so drifting around corners and burning through tires aren't important for this car - and that's what the Performance Center and their fleet of M6s is for
Appreciate 0