View Single Post
      09-23-2014, 09:55 PM   #17
Kirt121
United_States
Rep
Drives: 650xi GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 363ny View Post
This is what happened to me, so I purchased the space saver from Bimmerzone: http://www.bimmerzone.com/BMW_Perfor...T-F12-KIT.html

I had it mounted and drove about 15 miles on it to make sure it fit the GC and it was fine.

Besides waiting the overnight if you get the flat far from home after service hours and on a Sunday / Holiday, there is always the risk that the dealer doesn't have the tire in the stock.

IMHO for those in the northeast who do a lot of long distance driving rolling without a spare is not a very attractive option.

Thanks for this fantastic information. I looked for one specific for f06 but was unsuccessful. I thought about buying this one but was afraid it would be the wrong tire. I'll buy one of these now

Also, just had my 3rd flat tire! And this time it happened at night. Thankfully I was close enough to home that I could call for a ride. I tried driving a little on it but the car became borderline uncontrollable even at only 40 mph.

I love this car. but wow. Run flat tires are terrible and its irresponsible for bmw to make us rely on them.
Appreciate 0