View Single Post
      08-18-2014, 06:51 AM   #9
363ny
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirt121 View Post
Sure, but what if you get a flat at night far from home? The two flats I've had were not reparable. I had to get a tow. Thankfully they were during the day and the BMW service center was open and I had them replaced within a few hours.

I asked the BMW roadside tow truck guy what's their policy during the night. He told me they'd tow the car to the dealership for service next day then they'd drive me to the nearest hotel. If you had a spare tire, you'd be back on the road within 10 minutes instead of calling your wife explaining why you'll be sleeping in a hotel that night instead of coming home.....
This is what happened to me, so I purchased the space saver from Bimmerzone: http://www.bimmerzone.com/BMW_Perfor...T-F12-KIT.html

I had it mounted and drove about 15 miles on it to make sure it fit the GC and it was fine.

Besides waiting the overnight if you get the flat far from home after service hours and on a Sunday / Holiday, there is always the risk that the dealer doesn't have the tire in the stock.

IMHO for those in the northeast who do a lot of long distance driving rolling without a spare is not a very attractive option.

Appreciate 0