View Single Post
      05-15-2014, 05:25 PM   #1
uhn2000
Big K...
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3CS BX7

///M6 Coupe on the way..

My new commute starting July 1st 2014 will be about 25-30mins of stop and go downtown grind. I felt like the MT M5 was great for the last 2 years but I needed something easier to get around in. Having just completed the sign up of a very nice new project I decided that the DD needed to change and this time I wasn't going to just stick to a sedan or coupe. What I needed was a sporty ride that I could install a baby seat in, occasional take an adult, use in the winter, and have a trunk for my golf clubs etc. Finally narrowed it down to an M6 (coupe or gc), and Panamera GTS - very different cars but they all fit into the budget and requirements nicely.

Panamera GTS test was 1st..

Pros: NA engine, sounds nice, fun burble on deceleration, light on its feet, great grip, nice stitching on interior, solid build quality and feel, probably really holds its value!

Cons: Felt slow at times, the tech is showing its age, I don't love its look (not bad), hard to fall in love with it, feels big. Wife has a Cayenne already and probably will also get the refresh, didn't feel different enough.

I have a super good friend that works at Porsche so its tough to walk away; but in the end the Panamera is a great package and I see why Porsche sells so many of them. If I didn't own a Cayenne and M5 I feel like I would have definitely jumped to this car. I was really looking forward to this car blowing me away, even configured and priced it. I think I expected more driving the car with an NA engine ironically I almost think that the M5 sounds better in some circumstances (active sound?) then even this GTS. Anyhow not much else to mention - its a great package that even comes with 4WD but I couldn't pull the trigger. I must say that what BMW ///M offers with all the tech, comfort, etc. in the package they do it gets hard to go elsewhere - even to might Porsche.

So yesterday on my way back from a meeting I dropped in to see my friends at BMW Toronto. Chit chatting here and there - a 2014 ///M6 (white on full red leather, executive, and B&O) was sitting there it had been there for quite some time - stunning car! I made a joke about how the heck they hadn't sold it, they mentioned that M6s coupes are rare and a tough sell at times. I went home and couldn't get the car out of my head, the cockpit inside, the carbon roof, the stitching, the B&O, it was stunning. I test drove one a while back and it felt much more sporty and handled different then the M5.

Without even driving it I made them an offer and just signed off, pretty pumped! Always wanted one of these things, I hope my winters will be compatible on the M6 but will find out more later. Dropping the M5 off on Saturday and picking it up next week, will look sweet next to my R8GT. While driving today and yesterday I have seen Panameras everywhere and have yet to see one M6 coupe. Now I need an exhaust, some ok pictures attached - will put more in when I pick it up.
Attached Images

Last edited by uhn2000; 05-15-2014 at 05:34 PM..
Appreciate 1