View Single Post
      04-27-2012, 10:17 AM   #1
M6BEL
Rep
Drives: 740Le, X5, i3, Z4 M40i (soon)

Talking And here she is! 2012 M6 convertible delivered - UPDATE - new pics added

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com

Today 2 PM :

I’m inside a convertible BMW and push the start/stop button. Compared to the E63, the seven year more recent technology comes alive. And the difference of these seven years is noticeable in every aspect of the car. But nothing new : the F12 is already a year on the market and all tech stuff you find in most recent BMW’s is also available, nothing new... except....

If you press the start/stop button again a second time with your right foot on the brake pedal, the car shivers a bit and the S63Tu comes alive. Ah, this is new, it’s the sound of a V8. And at idle revs it sounds already different from the 650 cab I drove a couple of weeks ago on a trip in Florida where the hotel kindly loaned me their Titanium Silver F12 for a fun tour with the family on the sunny west coast in Sarasota.

60 minutes later (after completing the delivery procedure) :

Turning heads when I slowly - at idle engine speed - leave the dealership, top down. Lucky no rain, for the moment. It’s their first F12 M6 and probably one of only a half dozen that are already delivered in my country to a happy customer. Grin ear to ear. And the customer is me ! Sad to leave the E63 but happy to find out what the F12 will bring .... let the long and winding roads come !

Impressions :

I cannot comment in depth on the drive and how the F12 M6 compares to the E63 M6 but first two impressions from the (very) short drive home :

- Overall the car and chassis feels much firmer than the E63.

- The always present nervous character of the V10 who wants to shout and scream is gone, instead in the few first kms I could feel a more civilized but also brutal at the same time character that does not change over the rpm band. Its always there while the V10 changed , more like a dr jekyll and mr hyde car. The V8 is just brute force wanting to push forward no matter what comes in the way, no matter what gear you are in or at what engine speeds. But again to soon to draw conclusions.

Some pictures :

And here are what some of you might have been waiting for (to bad no sunshine and I had to stop taking more pictures because of the rain)

And the specs :

Singapore Grey
Sakhir Orange Full Leather
Piano Black Trim
Anthrazit Silber Top

0248 Steering Heating
02NZ 343M Style 20” Rim
02VB Tyre Pressure Warning
0319 Integrated Remote Ctrl
0322 Comfort access
0323 Soft Close Automatic SCA
03AG Rear View Camera
0453 Active Seat Ventilation
04MA M Multifunction Seats
0552 Adaptive LED headlights
05AC High Beam Assist
05AD Lane Departure Warning
05AG Lane Change Warning
05DL Surround View
0654 DAB Tuner
05F2 B&O High End Surround Sound System
06NF Smart Phone Connection
06NF Apps
08TH Speed Limit Info

Some New pictures with the top closed. The Anthrazit Silber top is almost like a dark grey jeans fabric.

Last edited by M6BEL; 05-02-2012 at 03:14 PM.. Reason: Added new pictures
Appreciate 0