View Single Post
      10-01-2015, 10:33 PM   #30
Zmantoo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1978 AMC Pacer Xanadu Green

Please don't take this the wrong way and you are completely right in this situation but is $3k really worth fighting for? You have a $100K car and $3k is not really that much. I understand principles and being right BUT all the time and money can do more harm, physically and mentally, to you and your family. I am only thinking about the lawyer fees, cost of time, (wasted) and stress to you and your family.

You can use the cost associated with legal fees, for both parties, to have the dealer reduce the labor and parts costs (charge you wholesale prices for parts). You can easily prove that the negative attention created by your case, in social media, WILL effect the dealer’s reputation.

All I am saying is to find the middle ground before it gets out of hand. Since you have already started the legal process, you may want to consider the total legal cost, versus total cost of repairs. I would not want to spend $5k+ on proving I’m right, when I could have spent $3k (more likely $1 to $2k after negotiations) on fixing the car.

Just my thoughts.
Appreciate 0