View Single Post
      04-19-2014, 09:59 PM   #58
BTF13M6
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M6 Coupe

GMD,

Do you have a recommendation for a less aggressive pad? I figured the Carbotech low dust pads would be less aggressive.

When doing the bedding in (hard braking from 70 down to 30) has anyone else felt the wheels skipping due to it? It did repeatedly for me, felt like thuds, nothing like any other ABS system I had felt. So we positioned someone near us to watch and the wheels would literally lock up and skip. They definitely are beasts for brakes.

Just wonder if that means I am braking too hard?

Either way, I asked may SA if it were reasonable to expect that the noise would go away. He said "yes" it should go away, so back to the dealer it goes on Friday.

I am sorry, I am around Ferrari's, Lambo's, 911 Turbos, etc... all the time amongst our local group and none of their brakes squeal.

I have a hard time believing it is due to the weight of our car. It is extremely embarrassing during city driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
I'm sorry but it is normal for high performance floating rotors with an aggressive pad to make noise . All you have to do is change out the pads to a less aggressive compound . You are being very unreasonable . We as customers have complained to BMW to put more capable brakes / pads on the M5/6 over the last generation and when they do people complain a bout them making noise which IS normal for any high performance rotor /pad combo . Like I said change out the pads to a less aggressive compound and put high temp anti sqeel compound on the backing plates of the pads .

20" ADV.1 5.0 MV1SL with Pirelli Pzero's
Custom Painted Grill, side markers and tinted front reflectors, Dinan Stage 1.
Appreciate 0