View Single Post
      08-28-2012, 04:48 PM   #59
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '24 M4C Conv

The thoughts of someone who bought their first BMW in 1985 . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbryce View Post
well isn't their supercharged 3.0 the range topping engine for that car?

it's like their best against our worst. doesn't bother me.

it's like when they think they're so cool comparing the s4 to the 335. it's their "sport" model against our.. well whatever you call the 335. they should either beef up the s4 to compete with the m3 or shut their mouths and take the s badge off.
Audi's 3.0 is equivalent to BMW's bigger six cylinder models. Their S is equivalent to BMW's eight. Their RS is equivalent to BMW's M. So the S4 competes with the 335. The A7 competes with the 640GC and the new S7 competes with the 650GC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbryce View Post
I SERIOUSLY HATE AUDI. WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE.

it's terrible that i'm actually so angry about this.
I know, but as a great American capitalist, I've got to give credit to the come from behind upstart. BMW seems to be moving more toward the traditional MB buyer (sport luxury) and Audi seems to be moving more toward the traditional BMW buyer (luxury sport).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyGeeGee View Post
I read the reveiw and I think they only reason the A7 won is because it's cheaper not because it's vastly superior to the GC. IMO the GC style alone is more than enough for me to justify the extra grands BMW is asking and that's coming from someone who almost bought an S7.
Not so. Look at the scoring chart. Even if you exclude the points for price, the A7 comes out on top.
Appreciate 0