wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 COMP PKG

Quote:
Originally Posted by neversummer78 View Post
Glad I could help

I want to keep OEM look, so I probably want to go X-Pipe route for better sound not a full exhaust swap. However, I have make sure car is problem free for the next month or 2 before bothering with anything or they gonna blame me for it.
For me, I think our cars actually are trouble free, at least not kind of that bad. Recently, I have add almost 1000+ kms and I never got any drivetrain malfunction since the time of 6200 kms.
I was trying to find out what was the reason for the drivetrain malfunction warning, after read lost of threads on x6m and m5 post. I found the reason probably issued with fuel injector and octane.
Here are my two conclusions:
1. Since we are running the n63 engines, the technology of valvetronic was first available in the S63tu enigines like x6m and m5. The valve-tronic tech may require very premium octanes.
2. The fuel injector may be some bugs in the S63/N63tu engines, low fuel may cause some problems.
My last drivetrain malfunction warning might also be caused by one of the above or both. Since I usually add 94 gas to vehicle but I was in hurry so I added 91 to my 6gc at that time, and when the drivetrain warning came out, there was just less than quarter gas left in my fuel tank. Therefore, the drivetrain warning came out. This problem also bothered some M5 owners.
Never add low octane gas and always keep there is a quarter gas in the fuel tank may help us get out of troubles.
For the exhaust, Yes I also wanted to keep stock first, so I bought the Exhaustmeister. However, if Akrapovic will make one for us, definitely I will go with them. I changed my exhausts on my past cars, and regretted all the times because of the huge drone in the cabin.
The 6GC has the best cabin among all cars I have owned, I do not want to add drones to the cabin and make it sounds cheap.
However, almost all aftermarket exhausts have drones even the OEM performance ones. Is there really any drone free exhaust?
2017 M3 Comp PKG 2017 MINI JCW
991.2 GT3 (coming)
Appreciate 0