07-26-2012, 01:05 AM   #5
BC87
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern6er22 View Post
Price seems about right given it has M Sport, full LEDs, Driver Assistance Package, 20" rims, full Nappa with contrast stitching and ceramic controls, B&O, active cruise control, and all of the rear seat climate controls.

I would personally never pay anywhere close to that price for a 640i when a 650i is available for $8k to $10k more. I was happy to pay the 6er premium for my coupe, but it was a V8 with xDrive that also happened to have a pretty hefty options list. I didn't mind the fact that I paid more for it than every other 750Li on the lot primarily because it is a 6 Series coupe. You could build a 750Li with nearly as many options on it for that $115k price tag and have A LOT more rear legroom and overall comfort as well as the V8.

I'm not saying it is a bad car. I'm just saying that I can't see most people who can afford a $115k car not spending a few thousand extra to boost the performance figures with a 650i GC (0-60 in 4.4 seconds, per BMW) or getting a loaded 750i or 750Li for the same money. I can't imagine that a 640i GC handles better than a 750i (SWB). I could be wrong as I haven't done a side-by-side comparison, but just my thoughts.

Disclaimer: the above comments are based on U.S. pricing. I know that many countries pay waaaay more for these cars and an even bigger difference between 640i and 650i vehicles, so the pricing differences between models is a more significant concern.
So I just built a 650i, thats right the 650i not 640i, gran coupe with all of the same options on the bmw website and it was cheaper than this one. Even with an individual paint color. So it seems this dealer is placing some sort of premium on the the GC cars.