View Single Post
      08-27-2023, 11:48 AM   #30
B58 parts
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 340ix 6MT

I read your clutch DIY again. What jack stand set up did you use? 20 in of space. I'll have to see how high I can get mine. I have the esco stands.

If I understand correctly you had to remove the transmission from the hoist while still under the car as the height of the hoist plus the transmission is a little bit more than 20 in. So you couldn't wheel it out. Then you had to put it back on the hoist outside of the car to move around and clean and replace input shaft seal which I see pictured. Then back under the car you had to somehow get it on the hoist underneath. Is that correct? Do you have any estimate how much height you would actually need to get it all out together. A few more inches?

I wonder if you could use a floor jack to lift it a little bit and push the hoist under instead of your body as you were saying. I don't know I might just have to do that like you describe. In my case there's also a big transfer case attached to the back.

How hard did you have to wiggle it to get it off the engine.. was it a struggle, and did the car shake at all on the jack stands that's all l I'm worried about. I'm trying to determine if the engine swap will be safer/easier by dropping the trans first v.s. craning both engine and trans out together as a long heavy unit.
Appreciate 0