View Single Post
      07-21-2015, 11:09 PM   #2
DrivetrainMalfunction650i
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 650i

Angry Drivetrain Malfunction 650i

My 2012 BMW 650i with 36,000 miles has been at the dealer for more than 3 weeks for the dreaded "Drivetrain Malfunction" (DTM). They are currently replacing the catalytic converter.

The first time we took it in they replaced the "valve seals" and a bunch of other parts but the DTM appeared on the screen again and I took it back to the dealer immediately. After 2 weeks at the dealership my service adviser (SA) told me it was ready but they would not let us pick it up since it failed the 30 mile drive test on a full tank. So here I am waiting for my car.

The first time the DTM appeared was when my husband was accelerating on an on ramp onto the freeway. The car was sluggish and the engine was shaking. He turned it off and when we restarted the car half an hour later the DTM disappeared. Reappeared again after driving on the street while accelerating. The second time it happened I made sure I brought it to my BMW dealership while the car was visibly shaking so my SA could see it.

I was thinking of trading it in for a 2015 but decided not to after reading your post.
Appreciate 0