02-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #16
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by m630 View Post
Unfortunately as someone that has owned the e63 in two version since 2005, I have to call this a fail. I owned the 645ci for 3+ years, and now the M6 for 3+ years, and this is uninspiring, and the front end looks way too much like the F01 for my liking. As BMWs target audience, they lost my sale. And just as big of a concern as the design fail, is the overall size increase and weight increase, the e63 M6 was already big, and perhaps bigger than necessary, but adding yet an additional 308lb to the coupe means that this is even a bigger porker than mine, so thats another move in the wrong direction.
Add in the engine fail, and you have the trifacta, fail all around BMW, thanks for killing my M6!
You are calling for a witch hunt my friend Honestly I share some of your thoughts, the ones other than the esthetics of these cars, I already posted a personal list of what looks better in your M6 but for me that's about it, the new is a progress. However, I never said anything about the numbers and dynamics of the new M6 and that additional weight is really too much to swallow, digest and justify. Plus, despite the even bigger size I saw in the dimensions chart that the rear seat area is comparable with my 1M! What progress we had then after all that increase in size and weight? The numbers of the acceleration is also close but I bet in the discipline of the in-gear acceleration the gap will be wider. The new one must be driven on the road and track and compared to the old M6 by professional reviewers. But I doubt this will affect its sales because this is the kind of M car which is less sensitive to driving dynamics evaluation. It will sell in great numbers if the global economy permits and unfortunately will affect your M6's used car pricing negatively. Since you did not like the new one, why not keeping yours longer? If you go listen to the one of the sounds of the new car you might feel like you are going to keep yours 4ever anyway!
Appreciate 0