View Single Post
      12-17-2012, 02:26 PM   #6
DASF13
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by F12M6MD View Post
Great car! I have the Alpine White as well. Only 400 miles. I can't wait to push it hard after 1200 miles. I'm thinking serious about adding Meisterschaft GTC exhaust because the inside noise is not doing it for me. I'm coming from a 335is which had the sweetest exhaust note. Did you gather if anything changes about the car after the 1200 mile service (other than being able to redline it)?
Congrats on your AW, haha the break-in period sure is torture, but I promise you it is definitely worth the wait. When I left the dealership I hopped on the highway for a nice long drive and all I can say WOW. As far as any differences noticed, I can't tell you whether or not the power was limited during break-in because I never tried to push her for the first 1200, and when I asked the master-tech if they were unleashing any more power, he said that whole "break in restriction" is a myth. Also, the exhaust is definitely getting louder. I think the biggest difference is in the exhaust note, when I first got the car it was much quieter than now. I feel like once you break 1500 miles you will notice the same thing, she will start to open up a bit as you are driving harder, exhaust heats up, and starts to open up. Additionally, I am getting the most beautiful backfiring sounds coming from the exhaust as well. Good luck with everything and be patient, you will be at 1200 before you know it.
Appreciate 0