View Single Post
      10-14-2023, 06:38 AM   #19
Luftpost
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 650 GC, E39’s, X70, X1

Yes, it can all be silenced through the app. I will say at times, the App can be a bit buggy, but I really don't use it unless I want to review something. Perhaps they have an update, I have not checked.

As far is install, the biggest tip that I have is to use the Sticker Shield. I have a protective film on my windshield to keep the inside of the car cooler and to protect the dash from harmful UV rays. To avoid damaging this film, I utilize a rectangular patch of the Sticker Shield. If you look closely at my photos, you can see it. It is held on by static cling, and has never failed. I also use it for my State Inspection sticker. People may also utlize it for Toll Tag devices, radar detectors, etc., anything that you would normally "stick" to the windshield with double sided tape. The item can be easily removed and re-attached with this install method.

I ran my cables along the pillars for the front camera and via the lower door sills and up the rear pillar for the rear camera. It is a very clean and professional looking installation. I did NOT tap into a fuse, but rather used the cigarette lighter outlet under the dash on the passenger side. Since it receives power in this way, I do not have the parking monitoring.

This system has been installed for several years and has had no issues. Photo below shows what comes in the box. Also a photo a milli second before I bent two left rims. State of Florida is picking up the tab. The video quality is quite impressive. This screen shot photo is not the best example of the capabilities of this camera.

More links: Post 47 on.

Here too.

Last edited by Luftpost; 10-14-2023 at 06:46 AM.. Reason: Added image from camera.
Appreciate 1