View Single Post
      10-13-2013, 01:14 PM   #32
bjayfan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 F13 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
Its not always about speed. Its also about feel. How much numbness can you add?? I seriously dont understand magazine racing. Ive yet to see any F series m5/6 haul some serious ass on a track day.
While we agree that it's not just about speed, what you fail to see is that not everyone is looking for the same 'feel' or even have the same expectations from their cars. Most that buy M5/6's have no intention to track them, and that's why you don't see them. That's not to say they can't perform well, and they do.

Quote:
Even all the reviews on this forum where a member has gone to events that let you drive all the Ms on a track say its not as great. Heck, one guys recent review said the m135i was better than the m5/6 on the track.
So what does better mean? Having driven both, I'd say the M135i is a better track car, though it's not faster unless your talking about an extremely tight and twisty track. The M6 can't overcome it's weight in that situation, but it's certainly at home on a track, just not designed for it.

Quote:
I get it.
I don't think so. You have a particular definition for an M car, others have others.

So the new M3/4 are turbo's, what does that make them?

Last edited by bjayfan; 10-13-2013 at 01:21 PM.. Reason: grammar
Appreciate 0