View Single Post
      04-08-2024, 12:40 PM   #6
Rlntlss
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 2013 F12

Rear facing car seat recommendations for 2024

I知 about to become a grandma and I need to install a rear facing child seat in my 2013 F12. The only information I could find in existing threads is quoted below. I知 wondering if anyone else has any recommendations. I知 new to the forum so I can稚 private message the member about his post. He didn稚 mention and I would like to know if the car seat is attached to a base or if the seat itself has been belted into the seat? I understand the length of the car seat is the biggest challenge. Has anyone ever tried to install a child seat in the center between the two rear seats? I知 curious about whether anyone has been able to place a rotating seat model in the rear?

I知 looking for all or updated solutions members have employed to solve this problem.

Thanks very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingl0405 View Post

Thank you everyone for your suggestions!

I was able to sort it out.
We went to a store here in Canada called Snugglebugz, and they actually have you park out front and will bring all the car seats out and help you fit them in your car.
We found a few that would fit, with the best ones being the Chicco Key Fit 35 and the best fitting one was the Uppababy Mesa v2. The mesa has a flattened back, which gives the seat in front a few extra inches. All other car seats had huge fabric covers, and they were all pointy and way too long.

The car seat does fit behind the passenger seat, but for best results, lift the seat up.

Unless you are very short, I wouldn't even try behind the driver's seat.

My wife who is on the shorter side was able to fit in the front seat and behind me as well (though I have to move my seat forward for that)
Appreciate 0