Thread: F13 M6 Opinions
View Single Post
      12-17-2014, 05:29 PM   #9
barclay
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 540ix

I am going to be a dissenting voice here. I went from an 2010 M3 to a 2013 M6. The power is incredible, it has excellent grip in dry weather and the interior with the full leather is miles ahead of the prior gen M3 (pics indicate the new M3 interior is much improved).

However, I have to say that the car feels MUCH larger and heavier and I miss the smaller size and feel of the M3. There is soo much power that in my part of the country (uneven roads, cold and wet weather...and yes, I put on snows) the traction control is kicking in much too often. Again, I don't want to offend anyone but in hindsight the M6 is too big to be a nimble sports car and as a really fast luxury sports car has a ride I find a bit harsh. I think that on the mid to large size cars (E and S) AMG has the balance more sorted out. I am not sure this much hp can be rwd in these parts.

It is very hard to get it all in one car. They all require some compromise unless you want to own more than one car. For me personally, I would not get another one.
Appreciate 0