View Single Post
      10-28-2014, 03:36 PM   #20
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Interesting...the one thing I constantly notice and my friend who borrowed my car for a week noticed, is that my HUD flickers! It is really weird and hard to catch, but damn if it doesn't flicker (almost turn off and turn on). But that's not due to the digital dash - or is it?

Ha! I think I love cutting edge when it makes things better. Like the triple turn signal, iDrive, HUD. A perfect version of this dash would be one that looks just as clean and straightforward as the current dash, giving up nothing while adding the cool look stuff like the sport display and eco pro. That to me would be perfect. Take the Lexus gauges (from what I remember) - they might have the same type of technology, but when on, they look like real gauges. That's probably what bothers me - these don't look real And man have we taken this thread off topic
not intended!!
I see what you mean about the functional aspects of cutting edge tech. Some things are a genuine improvement. Some things are just for flash. I can definitely agree that the digital cluster is more flash over function.

Just commenting on the digital gauges you guys have because I think it's a cool option. Hey, as long as we are talking about the amazing machinces we have, then I'm sure the OP won't mind too much, lol.