Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
1. Congrats

Brave Brave man - those stock tires are summers unless they were changed out

Ugh - it sucks (to me). Give me your gauges any day. In fact I just traded cars for a week with my friend who has a 550xi. One of his comments was "I like my gauges so much more". I couldn't help but agree. So count me out as a positive review and count yourself in the lucky group that does not have a video game for a dashboard
Sorry to hear that you are not too happy with the digital dash. I can understand that someone may find it a bit "gimicky". I can also see that the oil temp and fuel gage needles are considerably short, now that you mention it.

Doug, I thought since we apparently have the same taste in cars, that we might also have the same appreciation for "cutting edge" tech. looks like I was mistaken, lol.

From the pics I have seen of the digital cluster, the novelty of it seems appealing to me, and I do like the difference of changes depending on the drive train settings the car is put in. I have always been a sucker for things that have components that illuminate to set the "mood", so to speak.

So whether you are in an aggressive driving mood, or feel like just cruising and enjoying the music and sights during your travels, I thought it is a nice touch to have your car display match the mood at any given time. My humble opinion, of course.

Out of curiosity though, have any of you notices any glitches or malfuntions with the digital cluster...? Like lag in response or Image residue?