10-28-2014, 07:31 AM   #16
GunnerMacV
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 650i xDrive Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Ugh - it sucks (to me). Give me your gauges any day. In fact I just traded cars for a week with my friend who has a 550xi. One of his comments was "I like my gauges so much more". I couldn't help but agree. So count me out as a positive review and count yourself in the lucky group that does not have a video game for a dashboard
It can be deactivated in the settings menu, correct? I know it won't be the same as having gauges, but at least it wouldn't change each time you changed driving modes. I was excited that my car had it and thought I would really like it. In fact, it was the one option I regretted not being able to get when I was considering a 5 Series. But once I saw the Sport Mode display live, I didn't like it at all. I found myself averting my eyes from the dash when in Sport Mode. I really don't have a problem with the Comfort or Eco Pro Mode displays. I didn't see anything in my owner's manual about being able to deactivate it, but the BMW Youtube channel video shows how it can be deactivated.

Last edited by GunnerMacV; 10-28-2014 at 10:01 PM..
Appreciate 0