Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW ///M6 F13

Garage List
2013 Bmw M6  [0.00]
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WadaPhaq View Post
Hello all, I'm new to this so bear with me and thank you in advance for reading my post!

So today I test-drove a F06 m6 and it was wonderful! It’s been my favorite 4d BMW for a long time, and I am thrilled to even think I have a chance to own it. After test-driving it, I love it even more, it’s just superb! I was grinning like a dumbass the whole ride, that when I know I want this car!

Some basic info about the car, it has 70k miles, oil changes every 5000-8000 miles, loaded with options besides the competition package. The dealer has no idea about the previous owner of the car and just today during the test drive I found out the car has no mufflers. The engine bay looks extremely clean compared to the rest of the car, all the rubber parts look new as well.

However, I heard some horror stories about the car, s63tu rod bearing issue, rubber linings, and rear diff leaks. And I am genuinely scared about the repair costs. The car is priced below my budget and I have some spare money to spend on the car. Should I get an extended warranty? Or should I skip it and replace the rod bearing and do other engine-related maintenance instead? (Roughly 3-4K left for the repairs, after some research probably rod bearing replacement by MRF?)

Is this a really bad idea? Can someone tell me more about m6? Can someone talk me out of this?

Can you afford $1500-2000 for tires, 2k+ brake job, possible engine rebuilds 10k-20k?
Not trying to sound like a jerk, but if you're trying to buy a 70k mile m6 you better have $$$ in the bank.
Appreciate 0